Home-Based Business In Singapore: Who To Start With Home Based Business Opportunities Singapore?
A home-based business in Singapore would be a great way for you to make some extra income. Of course, a home business necessarily won’t be making you thousands of dollars in a week or something like that.
Still, it will let you put your family skills into use, as you make money, committing to your interest. So, if you are interested, here are the things that you should know before starting a home-based business in Singapore.
Depending on the type of your home based business, you might need to register it online with the Accounting and Regulatory Authority (ACRA). While doing this, you will need to apply for a name for your business, and it shouldn’t be used already or vulgar. There is also some paperwork to be taken care of while you register a Singapore business. Contact us; we will help you with registering any type of business in the city-state.
The Housing and Development Board (HDB) monitors the home businesses in Singapore. There are two home-based business schemes brought in by the HDB.
Home-Based Small Business Scheme Singapore
The Home-Based Small Scale Business Scheme is for the ones who want to carry out a small-scale home business in Singapore. For example, baking, sewing service, tuitions, e.t.c. You won’t need to gain any licence to run a business under this scheme. Anyway, there are some guidelines that you have to follow, which we will be listing on the latter part of this article.
Home Office Scheme
The home office scheme is for the people who want to do the administrative tasks of their business from their home. This includes financial planning, insurance services, e.t.c. For this, you will need to gain a licence.
Here is how you can get a licence for a home office scheme.
- Ensure that you meet the requirements. The applicant must be at least 18 years old, and you can only hire at most two Singapore non-residents at a time to work in the flat. There is no limit to the number of resident employees, however. Also, you are not allowed to do any advertising or displaying banner, e.t.c.
- Visit the Licenceone portal website to apply for the licence.
Requirement Terms For Running A Singapore Home Based Business
Here are some terms you will need to comply with while running a home business in Singapore.
- Your business can’t be adversely affecting the environment. This includes no disturbance to the neighbours and no pollution.
- You can’t place a signboard or have mainstream advertising like TVs or radios. Also, printing filers are not allowed.
- As a home-based business in Singapore is supposed to small, you will need to keep it small. You can’t be loading/unloading things from a van or have a warehouse.
- Your business can’t affect the residence. This means you can’t have heavy machinery or equipment.
- You can’t hire an employee. Only ones allowed to be working in your home based business are you and your family members.
Of course, illegal businesses are not allowed. But also keep on mind that there are some other businesses which can’t be made home-based, such as massage parlours, clinic, e.t.c.
Need any help or still to have some questions? Either way, you can contact us; we will be glad to help you with any of your queries.